NiceText Plug-in allows you to create a nicer text on the site. When using it you do not need to use only standard fonts to display text on the site. In addition, when using this plug-in, text will be displayed with the smoothing, which improves its visual perception.
All prototypes of this plug-in that I know work on the principle of replacing text by the picture in different ways, and this entails the following disadvantages:
- Search engne does not see the text, because there is a picture instead of it;
- links, located in the text, can not be inserted in the picture;
- you can not insert other images from the text in the picture (actually, you can but it's so difficult that no one has done it yet).
NiceText plug-in is deprived of all these deficiencies.
The advantages of niceText plug-in:
- works in all modern browsers starting from IE6;
- does not replace the text with the picture (this allows search engines to index the text on the site);
- does not create extra load on the server (plug-in does not generate an image from text, but only causes the browser to display text differently);
- plug-in has the ability to set parameters for the text such as: font, size, gradient fill of the text, shadow.
- allows to write text using almost any existing font, at the same time text will be displayed with the smoothing, which improves its visual perception;
- text can be written on any background;
- styles can be applied using CSS selectors;
- styles of visual display are used over the existing CSS instructions. Thus, if in CSS the text color is set as blue, after the plug-in processes the text the color will remain blue.