Twitter Feed Pro for Joomla: documentation
To install Twitter Feed Pro, log-in to admin area Extensions > Extension manager > Install, choose "Upload package file" and choose
After the package installataion you need to activate the plugin "System - Twitter Feed Pro". To do that go to Extensions > Plugin manager find and activate plugin "System - Twitter Feed Pro".
Updating this plugin is important due to bugfixes and new features. To set up automatic updates for the Twitter Feed Pro, please follow these steps:
- Open the component settings: Components > Twitter Feed Pro > Options
- Paste your Premium License Key into the "Premium License key" field. You can find this key inside your account on AllForJoomla.com -> Purchased extensions
After saving your website will automatically check for updates of the Twitter Feed Pro.
Create a widget
Widget creation and widget management is performed in admin section Components > Twitter Feed Pro.
To create or modify existing widget, just use integrated visual builder.
- First you need to Connect to Twitter API. To do that click on the "Connect to Twitter" button. In the popup window authorize the application.
- Then check Twitter connection status at the left hand side.
- If everything is ok, you can choose what content type do you want to display (profile feed or hashtag tweets) and customize the widget.
After creating a widget you will see it's shortcode in the widgets list. You need to place this shortcode in the place where you want this widget to be displayed. More about shortcodes in the "Shortcode" section.
In the admin section of your website Components > Twitter Feed Pro you can see a list of existing widgets. In the "Shortcode" column you can see a shortcode of every widget.
This shortcode you need to copy and paste to the place of your website where you want to see the widget. This shortcode you can paste inside the content (article), module html or even into the template files.