Facebook Feed Pro: documentation
To install Facebook Feed Pro, log-in to admin area Extensions > Extension manager > Install, choose "Upload package file" and choose
After the package installataion you need to activate the plugin "System - Facebook Feed Pro". To do that go to Extensions > Plugin manager find and activate plugin "System - Facebook Feed Pro".
Updating this plugin is important due to bugfixes and new features. To set up automatic updates for the Facebook Feed Pro, please follow these steps:
- Open the component settings: Components > Facebook Feed Pro > Options
- Paste your Premium License Key into the "Premium License key" field. You can find this key inside your account on AllForJoomla.com -> Purchased extensions
After saving your website will automatically check for updates of the Facebook Feed Pro.
Create a widget
Widget creation and widget management is performed in admin section Components > Facebook Feed Pro.
To create or modify existing widget, just use integrated visual builder.
- First you need to Connect to Facebook API. To do that click on the "Connect to Facebook" button. In the popup window authorize the application.
- Then check Facebook connection status at the left hand side.
- If everything is ok, you can enter the the Facebook public page URL or ID and customize the widget.
After creating a widget you will see it's shortcode in the widgets list. You need to place this shortcode in the place where you want this widget to be displayed. More about shortcodes in the "Shortcode" section.
In the admin section of your website Components > Facebook Feed Pro you can see a list of existing widgets. In the "Shortcode" column you can see a shortcode of every widget.
This shortcode you need to copy and paste to the place of your website where you want to see the widget. This shortcode you can paste inside the content (article), module html or even into the template files.
You can translate the extension tranditionaly be creating language files for target language. But you also can translate specific words into your target language using language overrides.
Using language overrides you can also change date format (by overriding COM_FACEBOOKFEEDPRO_DATE_FORMAT constant using PHP Date format, for example: "d/m/Y" is for "day/month/year"). How to use language overrides in Joomla you can find here: https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Language_Overrides_in_Joomla
The list of language constants used in the widget: